Sunday, January 3, 2010

The beginnings of married life

So I will write a post about the wedding once we get pictures from the photographer. But the time since the wedding has been absolutely fantastic. Karl surprised me and took me on a honeymoon in Carmel. It was absolutely beautiful and we loved it but we felt a little out of place. There were a lot of extremely wealthy people there, including the woman who told the waiter all about her mink fur-lined coat. Karl's favorite part of the honeymoon was when we got to feed the sting rays at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. It was really fun, they just vacuum the food right out of your hands. We headed home on Christmas Eve and spent the holiday with my family. My brothers love having a new brother to play video games with and hang out with. I am so glad that Karl fits into the family so well. I found it hilarious how what we like for Christmas changes so much when we are married. Before I got excited about new clothes and now we are excited about a Costco card and the GPS that we got, as well as the hammer and dishcloths we got from his parents. I feel very old to love these gifts so much. After Christmas, we headed up to Boise for the Open House. One of the things I have been so grateful for is how well the families have gotten along. I am grateful for my family as well as the family I have gained through marriage. We are truely blessed. I am so excited to gain new sisters ( I have never had one!), brothers, parents, neices and nephews. Its been great to get to know everyone, even though I wish we had more time with them.
We have been so overwhelmed by all of the love and support that we have felt throughout this process. People have sacrificed so much to make our wedding so great. I was very touched by a woman in our ward who is very sick with cancer but was there working harder than so many others the whole day. She helped with the food at the luncheon and the recpetion. Her selflessness and service have been such an inspiration to me. I have learned that there is never an excuse to not help others and have a positive attitude. I am sure there are a million other people who were the same way but I am so grateful for everyone who supported me. I have an amazing aunt that 24/7 for days to make the most amazing flowers. I have great in-laws who came early to be with me while I recieved my endowments. I have a many great cousins who all supported me, but especially the ones who had a mini-bachlorette party with me at the nail salon and kept me calm the night before the wedding as well as the day of, helping me put my dress on before the reception and take it off after. I also have awesome bridesmaids and family and friends that supported me on the most important day of my life. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you have a blog! :) You know married people tend to disappear, but this way I can still hear about what you're doing. haha I'm glad you had a wonderful honeymoon and hope you easily moved your things back to Provo.

    ReplyDelete