Thursday, January 21, 2010

St. George



This last weekend Karl and I went down to visit my grandparents in St. George. It was great to get out of Provo and spend some time with family. We really missed them at the wedding so it was good for us to go down so they could get to know Karl a little better. I made a batch of cinnamon rolls and they were great, though I have learned that they will never quite measure up to my mother in law's (though I agree, hers are amazing). We also got to take a drive through Zion's National Park. It was Karl's first time, and it was absolutely beautiful. We just wish we could have done a little hiking, but it was still great. We had an awesome time enjoying family and staying warm ( probably a little warmer than we would have liked).


We are staying busy with classes and I am just so thrilled with how much better my classes are this semester. They are still challenging, but I feel like I am doing the right thing and I that I am able to see the results of how much hard work I am putting in. One assignment for one of my classes was to create a family mission statement and it was great to think about what we want to have as a family. Here is what I have come up with




The Yorgason Family
Established 2009


As an eternal family we plan to:


Have regular scripture study
Have daily family prayer
Have weekly Family Home Evening
Attend the Temple Regularly
Have a financially stable home
Serve one another and our communities
Have fun together and love unconditionally


Through these things we will hope to create a gospel centered home that will encourage members of the family as well as those around us to progress towards Celestial Glory.

2 comments:

  1. Kathryn! i love your blog. it's so cute. I love southern utah! the weather is awesome. glad you guys had fun! and i LOVE your family mission statement. are you in SFL 105? i had to do that for that class. it was awesome. glad you are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! you guys are off in the right direction! :) we love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete