
Karl and I came home to a nice little surprise last night. About 15 new 'friends'. At first, we had no bug spray, so we resorted to using bathroom cleaner to kill them. After about the 5th one, I knew we needed something a little more heavy duty so I went to the store and got some wasp killer. After about 15, we decided that we would get absolutely no sleep if we stayed where we were because there were so many of them, so we headed to Karl's Aunt and Uncle for the night.
Upon returning this morning, in the few hours I have been home I have killed at least 15 more bees. I am planning on keeping count but I am starting to feel like a bee serial killer. While cleaning them up, another one decided to fly down my shirt and sting me. Any good suggestions on how to treat a bee sting? I forgot how much it hurts and I cant say I was a fan of pulling the stinger out.
Hopefully the apartment manager does something about it, we have called him a couple times and he doesnt seem to think its much of an issue. I have a big red spot in an interesting area to prove him wrong. I think we will move as soon as we can.
I am so sorry! Good luck with the bees, and if you need a place of refuge you can come over to my apt this afternoon. I'm off work at 3.
ReplyDeleteMan Kathryn, that is sooo weird. It sounds like you need to maybe all the pest guys...or really the apartment manager should. So weird! I am sorry about the bee sting. It has been to long since I have been stung so I have no good suggestions. But maybe ice? I think that is what we did in Spain, we would get stung all the time there at our pool.
ReplyDelete